Yesterday was a rough day for me. Only had 1 hour of sleep. My son was so sick, I had to bring him to the doctor. But, that night was really sumtin', I really have to check on him. It was really hard to think and move around when your body is telling you "GO to SLEEP..." Sigh...but, we have to get moving.

And so, we went to "CASA MEDICA" a place where doctors have their clinics. Not really a hospital, because it's inside a mall. Anyway, we went to get our names listed and was told the doctor would be in at 12nn. We waited....and waited....and waited !!! You can see the people getting tired and bored. The sick people getting restless and cold. Damn those kinds of doctors (though not all). Can't they just give the front desk a call that they will be late or that something came up?...Gosh! where is your professionalism? Isn't it that when you had your oath taken it includes your supposed interests toward your patients.

I will follow that system of regimen which, according to my ability and judgment, I consider for the benefit of my patients, and abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous. I will give no deadly medicine to any one if asked, nor suggest any such counsel; and in like manner I will not give to a woman a pessary to produce abortion. With purity and with holiness I will pass my life and practice my Art. I will not cut persons laboring under the stone, but will leave this to be done by men who are practitioners of this work. Into whatever houses I enter, I will go into them for the benefit of the sick, and will abstain from every voluntary act of mischief and corruption; and, further from the seduction of females or males, of freemen and slaves. Whatever, in connection with my professional practice or not, in connection with it, I see or hear, in the life of men, which ought not to be spoken of abroad, I will not divulge, as reckoning that all such should be kept secret. While I continue to keep this Oath unviolated, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and the practice of the art, respected by all men, in all times! But should I trespass and violate this Oath, may the reverse be my lot!

The majority of people have expectations of their doctor. He is expected to be available to that individual in the time of need. He should not abandon"his" patient. What she did was one way of attempted abandonment. There is a contract not well defined by law, but which carries much weight, even in a court of law. Many patients who were waiting are very sick which includes my son. It is very disrespectful for a doctor not to think of his/her patients benefit too. I know for a fact that she might have other patients to attend to beforehand. But, when we see her come, she looked liked she was not in a hurry after arriving 45 minutes late. She was even with her husband who is also a doctor in CASA MEDICA.

If I were a doctor, I would inform the front desk or my assistant that I will be late or call 30 minutes before my duty, if I have to attend and be absent for such reasons. Don’t be too proud enough just because you are making money out of your patients. I’m not speaking for all doctors. But please don’t imitate this doctor. She’s really very annoying. She was even so informative. She just simply looked at my son’s throat without even looking for other possibilities why my son has been sick for 3 days. If I hadn’t asked her questions we would have been out of the room with less than 5 minutes. JUST LIKE THAT!!! She was too busy scribbling and asking us to be back after a day or two. Huh?!! For what?!! I ain’t gonna go back to that stupid doctor. This is the first time, I’ve experienced such. Well, that goes for her husband too. When I had my eyes checked. They really seem to not really care for their patients.

GOD Bless you wonderful doctors out there. Hope there’s more of you and less of them…


1 comments

  1. Anonymous  

    November 25, 2007 at 11:50 PM

    This is heart wrenching. I definitely know the type of physicians you are talking about. Here in the US, it almost seems like a sense of entitlement - not srue how it is, where you are from. For a profession that is dedicated to helping mankind, SOMETIMES, they can appear as if they don't care at all. Though certainly, this is not the norm, but it does happen from time to time....too bad...

    www.minxxoxo.com
    Love Shopping? Love Social Networking? Then You'll Love Minx!



Recommended Money Makers

  • Chitika eMiniMalls
  • WidgetBucks
  • Text Link Ads
  • AuctionAds
  • Amazon Associates